I just purchased a new computer, a Dell XPS14, at the Microsoft Store. It’s a strange days to be in the Microsoft universe of home products and services.
For the last ten years my personal desktop computer has been a Apple Computer running OSX starting with 10.2 (Jaguar). I loved using OSX, I loved that my desktop was running a version of Unix. I loved the suppleness of the hardware integration. (Suppleness(!) was not the word I was looking for, but I’m keeping it! Simpleness.) It was like everything just worked and it was Unix!
We have several tasks ahead of us!
1. Get iTunes in this computer, with 45GB of Music.
2. Figure out how to sync my iPad with this computer. (Contacts, Calendars, Photos, Movies and books.)
3. Back up this computer a la Time Machine.
4. Get my personal documents for the last 20 years into this computer.
5. Get those Unix tools installed. Like Perl and PHP.
6. Update from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows Professional.
The other topic… Should I move everything to the cloud?
That’s all for now.